The Bank of Clarendon is a full service bank that began as a cash depository after the Great Depression in 1932. There was no bank in the community at the time, and the founding fathers worked extremely hard to build the confidence of the people of Clarendon County. In 1939, the bank received a state charter and changed its name from Clarendon Cash Depository to its current name, Bank of Clarendon.
Bank of Clarendon changed locations in 1964 due to growth in size. Again in 1981, the Board of Directors saw the need for more room as the bank continued to grow. Land was purchased and a new main office was built. This building is currently the main office and operation headquarters for the bank. In 1985, expansion plans brought two new branches to the Bank of Clarendon family, one in the town of Santee, South Carolina and another in Summerton, South Carolina. In 2007, Bank of Clarendon expanded to include Wyboo as its fourth branch. This branch is located in the heart of the Wyboo community on Lake Marion. In 2009, a Loan Production office was opened in Sumter, South Carolina. The bank's Sumter presence was expanded in early 2012 with a new full service banking office.
For more nearly 90 years the bank has been an integral part of the communities it serves. We recognize that a strong community bank is the life-blood of a growing community and that a strong community is essential to the growth and well being of the bank. From director to teller and all in between, the entire Bank of Clarendon family believes in the importance of giving back to the community. We volunteer in churches, schools, professional organizations, civic boards, charities, and various community campaigns. All of these activities help us to understand the true needs of the communities and formulate plans to meet those needs. We have been a lasting foundation in our market area and will continue to provide a source of strength and stability for many years to come.